3. A VIRTUAL Format
Timeline – A Virtual Format can only be announced once we are less than 72 hours away from the event registration opening.
This is not how The Goat would ever want to roll, but once we are inside the final 72 hours from registration opening (or between registration and the start of the first wave) a Virtual Format might be a possibility should no physical event be possible.
Should the event organisers need to switch to a Virtual Format less than 72 hours out from event registration opening:
– Your entry will not be transferred to the 2024 event.
– Your bus and dinner tickets will be refunded in full.
– You will receive a partial event credit to use for the 2024 event.
– You will recieve priority entry into the 2024 event.
– You will receive your event medal, event gift and spot prize (if a winner) by mail after the event.
A Virtual Format would look like this:
– Start your adventure as early as needed in order to finish your Virtual Goat Run by 2.00pm (the ideal run is approx 20km and has approx 1000m of vertical climbing). Yes, some will have to get very creative!
– Give us a ‘run down’ 3.00pm (if a Virtual Goat is called for, we will communicate everything with you in race week)
– Get into your after-party get-up!
– View the live prizegiving held at 5.00pm.
– The same pool of prizes will be awarded to entrants but in a different way (i.e. more prizes for the most stunning run options, the most creative run options, the longest run, the best on-course selfie photos as selected by Photos4Sale, highest elevation stats run, the run that most closely matches the Goat Run profile, prizes for dress-ups, great Goat banter, etc. It will be a full Goat-style prizegiving, and post-prizegiving you can continue to interact with your Goat friends online as the night progresses.