2024 Event Pricing
>> TO ENTER CLICK HERE <<
|Enter before 11:59pm on…|
|– 31st July 2023|| $ 24.00|
|– 30th September 2023|| $ 24.00|
|– 30th November 2023|| $ 24.00|
|– 9th January 2024|| $ 29.00|
|– 19th January 2024^|| $ 34.00|
^Online entries close 3:30pm on Tuesday 16th January 2024 unless sold out prior. Any remaining entries after this time will be available at event registration on Friday 19th January 2024.
Please note: A 3.2% credit card surcharge will be added to all entry fee and merchandise transactions. This surcharge will be presented as a % being added to all transactions.
Ruapehu Locals Discount: If you live in the Ruapehu district you’re entitled to $5 off your Kid entry! You must have a valid Ruapehu District address to receive this special rate when booking.
Please be aware that The Kid Tongariro supporters who are supporting a 9 year old and under entrant DO NOT need to register. There is ONE support person permitted per 9-year-old and under entrant.
2024 Registration Timeline
Event registration for the Kid Tongariro event participants will take place at the following times:
1. Friday 19th January. 3.30pm – 9.00pm the night prior to the event at the Powderhorn Chateau, bottom of the Ohakune Mountain Road in Ohakune.
2. Saturday 20th January 4.15pm – 4.45pm. Inside the marquee on the Ngāti Rangi’s Te Urunga property (just 200 metres up the road from the Powderhorn Chateau)
(To assist us with our pre-event registration staffing requirements please be sure to select the box that most likely represents when you will register for your specific event on event weekend in your online registration)
2024 Registration Rules.
1. You cannot collect race numbers for others.
2. You cannot transfer your race number or wristband to others after picking it up.
The following 3 items must be taken to event registration prior to being able to collect your race number/transponder.
Regardless of predicted weather conditions all of the following 3 items must be taken to event registration prior to being able to collect your race number/transponder.
1. Clean and dry footwear.
3. Drink-carrying device (Note: Like The main Goat Tongariro event, there are no aid stations on the course. At the time of year this event is scheduled to take place, and factoring in the type of terrain to be traversed, we would recommend carrying 500ml to 1 litre of water in a suitable pack)
You might also want to think about the following items:
– Off road running shoes (instead of road shoes)
– Thermal short sleeved or long sleeved top / beanie / gloves / weather barrier jacket
– A first aid kit
– Sports glasses
– Running cap
– Ankle length gaiters